A versatile and efficient application that is usedas an email client and a personal information manager by many is Microsoft Outlook Express. The process of sending and receiving mails is a facile task in Outlook. Accessing the Hotmail through the Outlook Express can be done easily and by setting up Hotmail as a POP3 account, Hotmail email in Outlook Express is possible. By following the below provided Outlook Express help guidelines, the POP3 configuration can be done easily in a very few steps.
- Switch on the system and let the desktop load. Launch Outlook Express from the Start menu or from the desktop shortcut icon.
- After accessing Outlook Express, a set of menus can be seen at the top. Choose the Tools menu and select Accounts.
- The tab by the name Mail will be present. Click on it and choose Add and Mail.
- The display name has to be entered. This will be the name that others will see when they receive a mail from you. Now click the Next button.
- Your email address has to be entered. Now select the Next button.
- From the drop down menu of My incoming mail server is a... choose POP3.
- For the incoming server name, type in pop3.live.com and for the outgoing server, type in smtp.live.com and select the Next button.
- In the box corresponding to Account Name, type in your email address and your password. The Remember Password check box has to be selected if you do not want to type in your password every time. Select the Next button and click the Finish button.
- The created Hotmail account has to be selected.Now choose Properties.
- The tab displayed by the name Advanced has to be selected, the incoming mail port number has to be set to 995, and outgoing mail port number has to be set to 587.
- Both the SSL boxes have to be check marked.
- The Servers tab has to be selected and the check box corresponding to My Server Requires Authentication has to be check marked. Select the OK button.
- The Send/Recv button has to be clicked.
Now your Hotmail account will be configured and you will be able to access the emails in Hotmail in your Outlook Express program.By following these Outlook Express help guidelines, you can easily configure your Hotmail account to work with Outlook Express.