Outlook Express is an email manager program that helps in managing your email efficiently and effectively. Follow the simple Outlook Express help instructions given below for setting up an email account in the Outlook Express client.
- Click on the left bottom corner of your desktop to open the Start menu and then click on the All Programs tab.
- Open the Outlook Express program by clicking on its icon present in the All Programs list in the Start menu.
- Now, when the Outlook Express application window opens, click on the Tools menu located at the top of the window and then click on the Accounts option from the dropdown list.
- Now a new window will appear, click on the Mail option found in the upper right corner of the window and then click on the Add button.
- Now select the Mail option found under the Add tab.
- Now you can see a new window, the Outlook program will ask you to enter a display name for associating with the account; enter any name of your choice in the requisite field.
- Now click on the Next button found at the bottom of the screen for continuing the configuration. Now a new page will appear and ask you to enter your email address, enter your full email address, including the domain name in the text field and then click on the Next button.
- Enter your server details in the next page. If you do not have the server names, you can get it by contacting your internet service provider. After obtaining the requisite information, type in your incoming and outgoing server names and set the server type. Do not forget to select the type of email you are creating as either POP or IMAP and then click on the Next button.
- In the next page that appears, enter your email address, password for logging into the account and then put a check mark in the check box found beside the Remember Password option for saving the login details.
- Now click on the Next button and then on the Finish button to finish configuration of the email.
If you follow the simple instructions given above, you can successfully create an email account in the Outlook Express application. If you have any troubles while following the instructions given above, then contact the Outlook Express help and support team.