Windows XP software was first made available to the users in the year 2001. The Windows XP was designed to fuel home and business desktops, laptops and media centers. So, what are the things that you need to keep in mind before you install windows XP?
When you purchase a genuine copy of Windows XP operating system, you will be provided with a license key to activate the product and make it fully functional. You are required to enter this license key during the time of installation. If by any means, you enter a wrong or invalid license key, you will be forced to quit the installation process. There are ways to get the license key that you need to enter, including calling the toll-free Windows support number, but then there are other ways also.
Getting a single user license
• You can either purchase a copy of Windows XP from online stores or from genuine Microsoft outlets.
• You will find the product key, or key code, sticker on the folder or on the packing case.
• Provide the product key when you get the prompt at the time of installation.
• The XP key inscribed on the pack can be used only with the disk that came with it.
When purchasing a new computer
• When you purchase a computer, you get it preloaded with Windows operating system. Or you get a copy of Windows OS with a product key along with it.
• Locate the Windows installation disk within the pack.
• You can locate the key code either on the disk packing or on the system packing. You can also find the installation key on the sticker beneath the desktop, or on your laptop packaging.
Invalid Key Code
• You will come across the issue of invalid key code if the key you have entered is not genuine or licensed. In that case, contact Microsoft support team on the Windows support number to assist you with the installation process. You can also opt the Activate by phone option to complete the Windows installation process.
• Make the customer support executive understand your issue.
• Make sure you provide the correct information so that they can fix your issue quickly.
Follow the above guidelines to successfully install your copy of windows XP operating system on your machine. For further assistance, get in touch with Microsoft Help and Support Center.