Outlook Express is one of the most used email clients in the software industry. You can use this application to manage multiple email accounts. This is useful for business personnel and students. This is in fact functionally a central location for all the emails and directory services. These also include the news entities. In order to use the Outlook Express application, you need to configure it first with your email accounts. This is to facilitate the communication between n POP3 server and Outlook express. The POP3 server is responsible for the incoming mail settings and this is really important. In most cases, the POP3 server is password protected. This means that you need a user name and password to log in to the POP3 server. If you want to enable the Outgoing mail, you need to configure the server called SMTP. Both these configurations should be carried out at the same time.
Outlook Express help and support guidelines to configure Outlook
• To begin with, you need to open Outlook Express. To do this, you need to open the menu labeled Start.
• From the list of options, you need to select the option labeled All Programs. From the list of programs, you need to select the option labeled Outlook Express.
• When the program window is displayed, you need to select the option labeled Tools. A drop down box is displayed. Select the option labeled Accounts to advance to the next step.
• Select the button labeled Add. This is located at the top right corner of the Window labeled Internet Accounts. Now click on the option labeled Mail. The Internet Connection Wizard is displayed immediately.
• You need to enter your name and email address in the Field labeled Display Name and E-mail address. Click on the button labeled Next to proceed.
• You need to select the drop down menu located at the top of the screen labeled Email Server Names.
• Select the option labeled POP3. You need to enter the address of POP3 server in the field labeled Incoming Mail. If you do not have this information, please contact your Internet service provider.
• In the field labeled Outgoing Mail, you need to enter the SMTP server. After entering the information, you need to click on the Next button. The Outlook Express help and support experts recommend you click on Finish button.
Hope this article helped you configure the Outlook Express. Please visit this website again.