The Windows 8 OS from Microsoft comes with some powerful and useful features, like the start screen and UI. Apart from these new features, the operating system is loaded with File history, Hyper-V, fast startup, Refresh PC, recovery drive and Reset PC. The recovery drive on 8 helps the user to troubleshoot the issues without even booting into the system. Follow the simple guidelines mentioned below to create a recovery drive on your windows 8 device.
Windows 8 installation steps to create a recovery drive in Windows 8:
· Connect a USB flash drive. Back up the data that you want before proceeding to the next stage of creating a recovery disc. This is very important, as all data will get erased from the system during the process.
· Switch to desktop mode. Press Windows + R to launch the Run dialog. In the Run command window, right click the empty text field and enter control.exe as the search phrase. Press the OK button or the Enter key to initiate the search, and launch the Control Panel. Alternatively, you can launch the same from the file explorer window, or the My Computer window.
· Change the Control Panel window view from category to Small or Large Icons. Scroll down and select the label that reads Recovery Window. Wait for the application to launch the Control Panel window.
· As the next step, click on the label that reads Create a recovery drive option. Hit the Yes button when the User Account Control prompt pops out to launch the Create a recovery drive wizard. Enter you admin account password when prompted to initiate the Create a recovery drive wizard process.
· Hit the Next button, to make the wizard scan your PC for all connected USB drives.
· Scroll down and select the USB drive that you wish to use as recovery drive, and then hit the Next button. As the final step, click the Create button to create a recovery drive. Wait for Windows to initiate the file transfer process. Windows will now transfer all the necessary files into the drive. Activate the USB booting feature in the BIOS settings window, to use the system to boot from the recovery drive.
Keep up with the windows 8 installation tips to create a Windows 8 recovery drive. For more assistance and help on the same, feel free to drop into out tech blogs and open forums. Send us your feedbacks and queries about the same to our email address.