If you encounter problems of while using Windows XP, and have no idea about it, you can make use of its system restore feature to fix the issue. This feature will undo your PC settings to a previous date when it was working properly. So it is highly recommended to create system restore points at regular intervals to make sure that you are on the safe side. In this article you can find Windows tech support instructions for creating a new system restore point as well as executing the system restore feature in Windows XP.
Creating a new restore point
1. First, click on the Windows “Start” button. You can also press the key with the logo of Microsoft on it.
2. Select the option that says “All Programs” from the start menu. This will bring up a submenu with a list of options.
3. Click on the option labeled “Accessories” from the all programs menu.
4. Select the option labeled “System Tools” from the accessories menu.
5. From the resulting menu, choose the one that says “System Restore”. This will bring up the system restore window.
6. Click on the radio button labeled “Create a restore point”. Hit the “Next” page.
7. Provide a description for your restore point. Hit the button labeled “Create”.
8. If it was successful, you will get a page showing the date and time of your restore point.
9. Finally end this procedure for creating restore point by clicking on the “Close” button.
Initiating System restore
1. Start by clicking on the “Start” button located on your desktop.
2. Select “All Programs”, and then “Accessories”.
3. Click on “System Tools” and then “System Restore”.
4. Click on the option that says, “Restore my computer to an earlier time”. Hit the “Next” button.
5. You can see a calendar under the “Select a restore point” section with dates on which restore points are created in bold letters.
6. Click on your desired restore point and hit the “Next” button.
7. Click “Ok” if you got any popup window asking for your confirmation.
8. Hit the “Next” button in the confirm restore point selection page.
9. Wait for the restoration process to complete. Your system might restart a couple of times during the process.
That is all you need to know about creating a system restore point, and initiating the same. If incase you face any difficulty in doing so, contact the Windows tech support team for further assistance.