The Outlook is an email client program that is primarily used to manage the user's emails. However, its uses are not limited to this basic function. It can even be used to schedule appointments, create events, update contacts and perform a whole lot of other functions. In short, it can be used as a mini-diary to record important data. Outlook also allows the users to incorporate other Internet calendar applications along with the default calendar tool. Follow the simple instructions to fix the issues with Outlook calendar.
Instructions to resolve Outlook problems with calendar
- Launch Outlook application on your desktop. You can launch the application either by double clicking the desktop shortcut label or by clicking the same plugged on the taskbar. Alternatively, you can launch the email client application, Microsoft Outlook from the Start menu. To launch the application, first launch Start menu. Click on the Start orb placed on the bottom left corner of the home screen. Instead, you may use the keyboard shortcut key Windows to launch the application. From the Start menu, select the label that reads All Programs. From the submenu, select the label that reads Microsoft Outlook.
- Wait for the application to load.
- From the tool bar placed on top of the application home page, select the Tools option.
- From the Tools Dropdown, select the label that reads Rules and Alerts. This will launch the Rules and Alerts window.
- From the Rules and Alerts window, select the label that reads New to create a new rule. Select the labels Start from a blank rule and Check messages when they arrive option and hit the Next option to proceed to the next stage.
- Select the Choose From. Select one from the many options available:
- Accept Meeting Response
- Decline Meeting Response
- Meeting Cancellation
- Meeting Request or
- Tentative Meeting Response
- Hit the Add option. Go back and select each one to specify type of message should be sent.
- Select the Move it to the specified folder option from the “What do you want to do with the message?” field and select the Inbox folder. Hit the OK option, then the Next and finally the Finish option placed at the bottom.
Follow the above tips to fix the Outlook problems with the calendar. For more assistance and support on the same, feel free to contact our online help center or our chat support desk.