Windows users who are using the Windows XP operating system or previous versions of Windows can manage their emails using the Outlook Express application. It is a stripped down version of the Outlook application that allows the users to manage their emails easily and efficiently. Sometimes users will get some Outlook Express problems while using the application, like not being able to send messages from the client. Below we discuss some tips for removing these problems from your system.
Remove Temporary Internet Files
The first thing you should do for fixing the errors in the Outlook program is to clear the temporary internet files in your system. Follow the instructions given below to clear your temporary internet files.
- Open the Internet Explorer web browser and the Outlook Express client by double clicking on their respective icons found in the desktop.
- Now click on the Tools menu find in the Internet Explorer menu bar and then select the Internet Options tab from the drop down menu to open the Internet Options window.
- Now to remove the temporary internet files, click on the option named Delete Files found under the Temporary Internet files tab. Remember to put a check mark in the box found next to the option Remove all offline files and then click on the OK button.
- Restart your computer for the changes to come into effect.
Register Outlook Express As Your Default Email Client
- Launch the Run application in Windows by clicking on its icon in the Start menu.
- To re-register the Outlook Express program in the registry, type in the following keyword, msimn /reg in the Run box and the hit the Enter button found in the keyboard or click on the OK button found under the textbox in the Run window.
- Now open the Internet Explorer web browser and then click on the Programs tab found under the Options menu to open the Programs window.
- Now click on the option named Set Programs and then select Outlook Express as your default email client for managing your emails.
If you follow the simple instructions given above, you will no longer have any more Outlook Express problems. If you are still having any issues with the Outlook program, then feel free to contact the Microsoft support team.