Reinstallation of Windows Vista operating system can cause issues with your USB mouse. It may not respond to your clicking commands post the reinstallation process. The above statement is true in the case of wired mice, though it is not applicable with wireless and bluetooth-supported mice. This can be really frustrating and disturbing. Follow the guidelines mentioned below to fix the issues with USB mouse.
Microsoft chat instructions to fix USB mouse problems in Windows Vista
The steps are as given below:
- Switch on your laptop or desktop.
- Log in as the administrator. Enter Password and Username when prompted, into the corresponding fields on the login screen.
- Launch the Start Menu by clicking on the Start icon located in the bottom left corner of the Home Screen.
- Enter the search word devmgmt.msc into the search window and press the Enter key on keyboard to initiate the search process.
- Double click the Mice and other pointing devices option to open it. Move the mouse and right click on the option that reads Properties.
- Select the Driver tab from the Properties window and then select the option Update Driver to initiate the update process. Follow the onscreen instructions prompted by the installation wizard to complete the process of installation.
- Check whether your system is responding well, after you have finished the installation process.
- If you find your mouse to be still unresponsive, try and update the driver once again.
- Launch the Start Menu by clicking on the Start icon located in the bottom left corner of the Home Screen Taskbar.
- Enter the search word appwiz.cpl and then press the Enter key on your keyboard.
- Select the option Microsoft IntelliPoint and then click on the Uninstall/Change icon. Click Yes to bring the changes into effect.
- Unplug the mouse from the computer and hit the Restart option to initiate the restart process.
- Connect the mouse back on and restart the computer.
- This completes our guide.
Follow the step above to fix the issues with your USB mouse on your windows Vista P.C. contact our help desk or invoke Microsoft chat support on our website to resolve the problems with your USB Mouse on your Windows Vista operating system. You search our online tech forums and blogs for more assistance on the same.