Microsoft Outlook is one of the most accepted personal information manager program now used by millions of computer users around the world. In Microsoft Outlook, there exist a feature called Address book, where you can enter the contact details. The Outlook Address Book normally contains the contact information of your Outlook contact. Whenever you send or receive an email or data in Microsoft Outlook, a duplicate copy of the file is created within your system hard drive as a .PAB file. If you want to transfer the address book details to another system, it can be done by transferring these .PAB file.
Steps to follow
• Firstly, launch the Microsoft Outlook application on your computer. Now tag along the tools tab on the top menu bar and choose the option labeled E-mail accounts.
• Now click on the directory tab and then select the option with title view or change existing directories or address book. When done, click on the next button.
• Now choose the personal address book option and then click on the change tab. Now locate the .PAB files in the following directory: C:\Documents and Settings\<User>\Local Settings\Application Data\Outlook\<AddressBook>.pab).
• Now right-click the windows start button and choose the option labeled explore or open windows explorer
• Now locate the .PAB folder files containing your Address book. After this step, right click on it and select the copy option from the context menu thus formed.
• Now insert the USB flash drive into your system and choose the option labeled open folder to view files. Now click on the edit tab and then choose the paste option to transfer the copied files to the removable media.
• Now insert the USB flash drive into the second system and transfer all the files into the hard drive of the second system.
• To advance, launch the Microsoft Outlook program and choose the E-mail accounts option from the tools menu that is displayed when you click on the tools tab.
• Now click Add a new directory or address book option under the directory tab. When finished, trigger the next button.
• Now select the additional address book option followed by clicking the next button. Once you have finished this, trigger the personal address option and then hit the next button.
• Now locate the copied folder by clicking the browse button. Once you locate the file, trigger the OK button.
Now restart the Microsoft Outlook application to ensure that the entire Outlook Address Book is transferred successfully. Thank you!